They finally opened a golf course here! And while it is very different from last year and the clubhouse is not open for après golf libations, it was still great to go out and take part in some kind of normalcy again. My brain feels a little more put together now than it has in the last few weeks.
This is a sport that I picked up last year and it is quickly becoming a go to of mine for summer activities.
Even such a little thing as going out and swinging a club around has done wonders for my psyche. It’s going to be a long road but the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to twinkle and glimmer a little bit. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I may be starting to day dream about all of the things that I’ll do once life is a little less restricted.
This post is also late because I was out of the course. I had to get a run and workout in much later than normal but that is just fine with me.
Yesterday was a new upper body and ab workout routine as well and like the leg day from hell, I am still feeling that too tonight. Although, I don’t think playing a round of 18 helped much at all. This new routine also makes for a pretty good argument for investing in a workout bench too but for the time being I’ll have to use an exercise ball. You can also do this routine entirely with dumbbells. Here is what I did yesterday.
Upper body and Abs
- Pushups: 4 sets of 40 (Errr’day!).
- Overhead Press: 1 sets of 8.
- Dumbbell row: 4 sets of 12.
- Dumbbell chest press: 4 sets of 15 (Done laying on the exercise ball).
- Reverse Fly: 4 sets of 12.
- Lying Tricep extension: 4 sets of 15.
- Dumbbell fly: 3 sets of 12.
- Dumbbell pullover: 3 sets of 10.
- Dumbbell curl/Hammer curl: 4 sets of 12 each.
- Lying leg lift: 3 sets of 15.
- “V” Crunch: 3 sets of 20.
- Plank: 2 x 60 seconds
Non Zero Day #8
300 word blog post. Run 7 km. Leg Day. Read 1 hour.
- Study 4-6 hours.
- Run 8 km.
- Upper body and abs day.
- Get groceries.
- Read 1 hour.