Fun Fact; Cinco de Mayo is the anniversary of the Mexican army’s victory over the French empire at the battle of Puebla in 1862. Today however it is most commonly associated with a celebration of Mexican-American culture.
While celebrating with margaritas and tacos is not in my plans today I hope those of you that are celebrating have a great day and are able to take part responsibly.
Today was a running rest day and I am really glad for that. I found a new leg routine that is pretty killer. I did the routine yesterday morning and I am still feeling it! Living where I do, and with all of this going on, I need to be able to do a full and proper workout at home and it is possible. This routine can be done with dumbbells or just body weight. I’ll post it below if you want to try it out.
Leg and Glute killer:
- Squats: 4 sets of 10 (I used a heavy weight for this, 50 lbs).
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 4 sets of 10 (I used 40 lbs, you may use less… **Do not round your back or use so much weight you drop your shoulders!**).
- Walking Lunge: 4 sets of 12.
- Side squat: 4 sets of 15.
- Death Squats: 50 squats, timed. Try to beat this next workout. (I used 30 lbs for this and took 1 minute 46 seconds with two, 20 second rests).
- Pushups: Duh, every day, pushups.
And that’s it. That’s the leg day from hell right now. This is the first day that I have been able to deadlift after my injury as well so the weak muscles are likely feeling this more than normal. With any luck it wont take long to get back into the groove!
Non Zero Day #7
Study 2 hours. Yoga 1 hour. Work on project 2 hours. 200 word blog post. Read 1 hour. Weight Lifting.
- 300 word blog post.
- Run 7 km.
- Leg Day.
- Read 1 hour.