Lately I’ve been working on adjusting my diet to better suit my increased activity level as well as my increased age. Along with that, I made a very important decision. I decided that I was worth spending the extra money on chicken for meals during the week.
The issue with chicken, at least for myself, is that I tend to cook it so that it’s dry, and not very flavourful. As I was staring at my chicken in the grocery store shopping cart, I was wondering to myself, how in the hell I was going to cook this chicken so it tastes like it might have been worth the $25 I just spent buying it. Then it clicked. Marinade! I could Marinade it and it would help resolve a lot of my poultry woes.
So, while it may seem that I haven’t been continuing on this Non Zero Day journey, I have actually been dedicating myself to mastering a marinade fit for a king (or queen!). And I am proud to say that I think I might have come pretty darn close with this one.
Give it a try yourself! This recipe will make 4-6 chicken breasts pretty comfortably.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soya sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon or other brown mustard
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- enough garlic to kill a vampire
- Combine all ingredients and pour into ziploc bag, set 1/2 cup aside in separate container.
- Add 4 chicken breasts and seal bag tightly.
- Let chicken sit in fridge for 24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high heat and place chicken on grill for 5-6 minutes a side, or until cooked.
- Use the marinade that was set aside to baste chicken while it cooks.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply